Baby squid, also known as “baby cumi” in Indonesian, is a popular seafood delicacy from the city of Medan, Indonesia. This small and tender squid is packed with essential nutrients that offer numerous health benefits. In this blog post, we will discuss the nutrition facts and health benefits of baby squid from Medan, Indonesia.
One serving of baby squid (100 grams) contains:
- Calories: 70
- Protein: 15 grams
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 0 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Sodium: 230 milligrams
- Potassium: 280 milligrams
- Calcium: 10 milligrams
- Iron: 1.5 milligrams
- Vitamin C: 10 milligrams
- High in Protein: Baby squid is a great source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles, tissues, and organs in the body. It is a perfect food for athletes, bodybuilders, and people who are looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Low in Fat and Calories: Baby squid is low in fat and calories, making it an excellent food for weight loss and weight management. It is also a good source of energy, as it provides the body with essential nutrients without adding unnecessary calories.
- Rich in Essential Nutrients: Baby squid is rich in essential nutrients such as potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamin C. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure, while calcium is essential for building and maintaining strong bones. Iron is vital for the production of red blood cells, while vitamin C boosts the immune system and fights off infections.
- Good for Heart Health: Baby squid contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids help lower triglyceride levels and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Boosts Brain Function: Baby squid contains vitamin B12, which is essential for brain function and the production of red blood cells. Vitamin B12 also helps maintain a healthy nervous system and prevents memory loss.
In summary, baby squid from Medan, Indonesia, is a nutritious and healthy seafood delicacy that offers numerous health benefits. It is low in fat and calories, high in protein and rich in essential nutrients such as potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamin C. It is also good for heart health and boosts brain function. Therefore, adding baby squid to your diet is a great way to improve your overall health and well-being.